Friday, June 21, 2013

The Nats are Heating up

It is looking more and more like the Nationals are starting to find there groove. From Strasburg getting comfortable and showing his passion to Bryce coming back of the injury list. I can't say that I have been watching as closely as I would like. Being out of work and working odd jobs to pay rent is distracting. Not so much that I can't see when the Nats are turning around their fortunes.

I have had fans of other teams taunting me (playfully) about how my Nats are under performing. I say don't let your team have peaked too early. The dog days are coming and things can change real fast. Atlanta I am looking at you.

The thing I have been most looking at sport wise is the NBA Draft. Washington has a great chance to add a lot of talent in this draft. This may not be a top heavy draft, but it is a deep draft. The opposite of what they are predicting for next year. I am of the opinion that Washington should explore what they can get for next years firs round pick. If it can be used to get a young quality player explore it. Maybe they could trade their two second round picks for a first. or put all three together and get a top ten  or fifteen pick.

In my mind with the first pick it will be either Porter, Noel, or Oladipo. Since I believe Porter is most likely I will start with him. Imagine we go Porter at three then trade up and can then take a chance on a Cody Zeller or Anthony Bennett or Alex Len if either falls. If they go Noel they could go after Kentavious Caldwell-Pope  or another guard. I don't know they can do something. The Draft is less than a week away and I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment