This is Beck's first drive as the Redskins quarterback.
- On the first play, Beck avoids pressure and even though Fred Davis falls down he gets back up and takes his catch for a first down. A QB's best friend is his tight ends. Davis was that here.
- Play action to Ryan Torain. Would have been a good gain but pass was off.
- On this play Beck doesn't like what he sees and scrambles for a first down. I like that over aggressive defenses will have to worry about that.
- Play action pass to Jabar Gaffney. the pass is low and incomplete. would have been a good gain if it was on target.
- Next pass is too low for Fred Davis. I have to think that some of these off target throws are due to never playing much. I hope this gets better with practice time with starters.
- On 3rd and 15 Beck complete a pass to Moss for a first down. That is a big play there. Good to see, that was a 23 yard gain.
- Then we get a 10 yard penalty, a dropped pass, and a 3 yard pass.
- It's 3rd and 17, he goes deep to Gaffney who gets a hand on it in the endzone but no catch. Another penalty gets them out of field goal range.
Next, lets look at Beck's other drive.
- First play of the drive isn't cover well in the video. Incomplete to Davis
- Pass to Gaffney for a first down. Skins are moving fast as they are down by 2 touchdowns and only 6 minutes to go.
- Shotgun pass to Moss dropped. He was hit as soon as ball got there.
- The skins are on there 30 and Beck goes deep to Stallworth but he can't make the catch. Would have been huge and could have made this game much closer. They would be at Philly's 20 if it connected. They do get a first down though on a penalty.
- Screen pass to Moss for a first down. Moss is so shifty he can do things like that.
- Pass to Helu for 8 yard gain. Then beck is sacked for an 8 yard loss. Now it is 3rd and 10.
- Shotgun pass to Gaffney, the announcers say it was a wobbler, whatever. But Becks arm does hit Chester's helmet BEFORE the ball is released.
- Now Billick is claiming that beck is getting hit every play. Wild exaggeration there.
- 4th and 9 first down pass to Stallworth.
- Big pass to Terrance Austin to the 3 yard line. Beck can make big throws in big situations.
- Beck then takes it in for a TD.
This would have been a different game with Beck in at the half in my opinion. I think he is our best chance to win. He can scramble, make the big pass, and buy time in pocket. It is pretty clear to me. John Beck for DC Quarterback.